Sunday, April 10, 2011

March Madness Report


I accomplished our ward's March Madness challenge and read the entire Book of Mormon in March. It was awesome and I LOVED it! I got more out of the Book of Mormon than many other times I have read it. Since I was reading quite a few chapters each day, as opposed to just one like I usually did, I was able to much more easily understand and remember what was going on.
I couldn't help but recognize just how similar today's times are to the days of old. We face the same issues that people faced back then. The stories in the scriptures are extremely relevant to our times and there is so much to learn from them.
I am so happy that I participated in the challenge our Primary president gave us to read the whole Book of Mormon last month. It has helped me to love the scriptures even more and to learn to study and ponder them instead of just read them.

I spoke in church today about scriptures, so if you're interested, I've just posted my talk in the church studies section.

4 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Good job!

Joyce said...

Grandpa got a good start but didn't make it but we are thankful that he started the March challenge but he will make our ward one that I believe is to get it read by July the youth of the ward is doing it and the rest of the ward had the challenge to do it with them.

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

I'm proud of you.
Mom

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

Kristin I read it in February, and I too felt like I actually got more from it by just reading it through than a chapter or two at a time.
dad