Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hairspray VS Ink

A couple of weeks ago, Koen introduced the pen to one of his books. Several pages were drawn on. Well not long ago, I learned at a baby shower that cheap hairspray removes pen marks from clothing. (The woman said, the cheaper the better.) So I looked online today and saw someone suggest using hairspray to remove pen marks from a book as well. So I thought I would try it. And it definitely worked!
So I wanted to share this new trick I've learned with all of you! I sprayed hairspray on a washcloth, and then rubbed, rubbed, rubbed! Thankfully before I got to my last page to work on, I thought to take a picture to demonstrate.
Note: This is a hard book. I would not suggest this for paper pages.


Before:

After:

6 comments:

tash said...

what a neat trick :)

jeff and alli said...

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Maybe I'll try it on the wall. We have a few spots on the wall and magic eraser isn't working. I'm wondering if the problem is it is scratched into the wall rather than just written on it, if that makes sense.

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

That definitely makes sense. There is a page in the book that Koen dug a little deeper on and I can still see pen mark on that page, but it's not as dark and still looks a lot better after rubbing it with hairspray.

Emma said...

That is a nifty trick! I will definitely have keep that in mind, just in case :)

Lyndsay said...

I had totally forgotten that trick, wonder if it would work on the marker on the boy's bedroom door...

Justin and Kristin said...

COOL!