Sunday, February 27, 2011

March Madness


The youth in our ward has March Madness each year... though it has nothing to do with basketball. Our primary president has encouraged the primary and us leaders to participate this year as well. Though the primary kids have a much simpler version.

So what is March Madness??? It is the task of reading the entire Book of Mormon in the month of March. In our ward, if the youth is able to do it, their name is added to a plaque that is displayed in the church. We are going to start a plaque in the primary as well. We've asked the primary children to either read the whole Book of Mormon, the Book of Mormon Stories manual (we sometimes used it for FHE in our family when I was younger.), or to read in their Book of Mormon each day in March.

I am taking on the challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon in the month of March! I don't expect it to be easy. I believe we were told that we should read at least 8 pages a day. I am excited for the challenge and am looking forward to it. :)

Feel free to join the March Madness challenge as well!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey your grandpa is going to do this challenge with you. I asked him if he would do it with you.
see you in about 3 weeks.
Love to all

jeff and alli said...

Hey, I do this each year, well I missed last year, but I think the birth of Isla is kind of a good excuse right? :)

Good luck!