Koen had his first ER trip today. I didn't see it happen, but he fell down and as you'll see below, cut his hear pretty well. I think he hit it against the bottom of our bed. I couldn't tell at first whether his cut went all the way through or not, but thankfully, it did not.
He quit crying rather quickly after it happened and often played while we were in the hospital, until someone touched his ear of course, which caused him to scream again. But I'm happy to say that he didn't need stitches because they were able to glue it instead. I hope it heals quickly and doesn't irritate him at all.
Koen was right back to his happy, running around everywhere and climbing up everything, self as soon as we made it home. I'm happy he gets over his physical injuries quickly. :)

He got a popsicle afterwards to help him leave the hospital on happy terms.
The "after" look. I wonder if he'll have a scar?



6 comments:
Awwww, poor little guy! Glad they could fix him up! I want to know if the glue the hospital/doctors use is the same as we buy at the store. When I took James in to quickcare, I couldn't believe it cost me $175 to get some glue put on him. Grrrr...
My first thoughts were also, POOR LITTLE GUY!
I think he deserves more than a popsicle for all the trauma that must put a little guy through, and for the medical bill Dad & Mom are going to have.
I'm not sure if it's the same stuff you can buy at the store. I didn't even know there was "glue" to put people back together again!
We definitely don't look forward to whatever the bill may be, but I'm glad he's taken care of now!
Oh man, scariness down in Utah with Koen's ripped ear, gross, and Abigail falling on her head. Those kids deserve a relaxing but fun play date.
It is just a matter of time before we join the ER club I am sure.
that cut is hard for me to look at ;) i'm happy he didn't have to have stitches, because I remember when mom got stitches, i was pretty young, and they were creepy looking for me. ha.
and amen to lyndsay, it's amazing how expensive it is for what seem like little things!
I'm surprised he didn't have stitches. He deserved a popsicle after that.
I'm also glad that he recovers from hurts quickly.
Post a Comment