Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lemi Shine


I don't think I've ever voluntarily advertised a product on my blog before, but I have decided that this stuff deserves it!
A month or so ago our dishes began to look and feel disgusting after going through the dishwasher, and it wasn't because of food. The glass was no longer clear. It brought on some kind of foggy film. Instead of black handles, my favorite nice knife had a gray handle and looked horrible next to my pretty, much less used knives in my knife block. The silverware had lost their shine and looked dull. I could feel whatever this unknown nastiness was on most of the dishes too.
We wondered if it was the soap since it was replenished with a slightly different kind not too long ago. I tried hand washing, and SCRUBBING with all my might to get whatever it was off of the dishes. I would run the dishwasher normally once and then again without any soap in hope that the super hot water would rinse it all off. I refilled the tiny thing in the dishwasher that you can put some kind of liquid stuff in that is suppose to help keep your dishes clear and shiny, but there was never success.
I began to think that I would possibly buy a dish rack (for some reason Roene doesn't have one) and start to hand wash all of the dishes in hope that they at least wouldn't get any worse, and with the slight hope that maybe after a year or so they'll turn normal again. I also thought to myself that whenever we get into our own place, I want to throw away several of the spoons, spatulas, and yes, our favorite knife, and replace them with new ones that didn't look dirty all of the time. It bothered me so much that they looked gross and dirty even when they were clean! I felt that several of my dishes were ruined and I wanted to someday replace them.

Then I came across "Lemi Shine" while strolling along in the grocery store. I personally thought it looked like the cheapest stuff on the shelf, and in fact, I think it was for that kind of product. But I also needed cheap, especially if I wasn't sure if any of this stuff was going to do what I was hoping it would do. After coming home, I noticed it even had a money back guarantee, so I decided I was totally going to take advantage of that! I followed the instructions: Run the dishwasher with Lemi Shine once without any dishes so that it can clean the dishwasher. Then wash dishes with your favorite detergent along with Lemi Shine. The next morning I was excited to open up the dishwasher (I'm usually not) to see if this stuff actually worked. I had some speculations. And in case you hadn't guessed yet... IT WORKED!!!! I was 100 times... ok, maybe only 20 times more excited than when I headed down there to see if it had worked! Both Roene's and my dishes all look normal again!!! My knife matches the rest in my knife block! I don't feel any kind of film on the dishes any more and I feel much better about cooking in and eating off of the dishes now.

I am officially a firm believer in Lemi Shine and will recommend it to anyone with the same problem as what I had. My only regret is that I didn't take "before and after" pictures to share with all of you. So you're just going to have to take my word for it! ;)

(If you made it to the end of this post... a normal post with more interesting life events and pictures is hopefully to follow before long.)

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Okay, I seriously just added Lemi Shine to my grocery list and can't wait to try it! I know exactly what you are talking about, all of our glass glasses are "foggy". I bought a more expensive dishwasher cleaner and that seems to help, but once that stuff is gone it's back to the cheaper cleaner! I'll let you know how it works for us!

jeff and alli said...

Nice plug, I am convinced.

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

We have some dishes that don't look so good as well. Thanks for letting us all in how we can clear up this problem.
Mom

Angela Cox said...

Thank you for blogging about Lemi Shine in the past. We truly appreciate the exposure and understand the power of bloggers at this day in age. So here is a little insight on what we are currently doing at Lemi Shine this holiday season.

We are challenging our customers, vendors, family and friends to help raise $50,000 to drill water wells in the Horn of Africa. We will match dollar for dollar for every donation given. Every 15 seconds a child dies due to an illness related to unclean drinking water. $7 can give clean water to one child for an entire year. Please take 2 minutes and check our site out http://projects.lemishine.com/ and here is the link for free blog ads http://projects.lemishine.com/index.php/help-us-promote

Thank you again for taking the time to read this! Have a great holiday season!

Angela from Lemi Shine