Time seems as though it has traveled at the speed of light since the beginning of December. It has been BUSY and fun!
We were lucky enough to get to spend Christmas AND the New Year with my parents. We had such a great time there!
While Mom and I made delicious Christmas goodies, Jon and Dad went wild turkey hunting. They had success and came home with two ugly turkeys. (Yes, ugly... I think turkeys are quite ugly and unhappy looking.)
They plucked the birds quickly after returning home and we ate turkey for dinner that night. I don't have a picture of it, but the bird wasn't pretty after being cooked either. It turned a funny color. Though it was the most fresh and organic turkey we had ever ate, it was probably the worst. Note!... it wasn't because of the cook! haha It tasted like normal turkey, but was quite tough. So I have decided that I prefer a store bought turkey with whatever stuff they may do to it over the fresh and wild.

Santa remembered that we weren't going to be home during Christmas and came by. We had a wonderful Christmas. We especially enjoyed the gift of being able to talk with Elder Bodily over the phone. It was a lovely day.
We played in the snow and a had a good time. Koen even enjoyed himself after we took the big helmet off of his little head. We definitely loved having the luxury of a snowmobile pulling us back up the hill after tubing too!
Koen got his very first hair cut too!!! His mullet it now gone and believe it or not, he's still a stud! haha He didn't enjoy having his head held with our hands and not being able to see what was happening. But he recovered quickly.
Jon and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. Thanks to Grandma B. staying home with Koen, the two of us were able to have a lovely time together. We headed out not knowing fully how we were going to celebrate our anniversary in the small towns of Wyoming, but we figured it out. After having lunch together, we decided to play of few games of bowling. Lucky for Jon and I, neither of us have too hot of bowling skills, so they were pretty fair rounds. I think Jon won more games though. Way to go! We also saw the movie, True Grit, which was a pretty good movie. We really enjoyed it. After the movie, we decided to change things up and go for dessert before dinner by stopping at Dairy Queen to try out their Reindeer Bites Blizzard. They were yummy, as most ice cream products are. haha We ate dinner less than a mile away from where my parents live. We both loved our dinners and would enjoy eating at that restaurant again. Jon tried veal for the very first time and thought it was very good.
Other fun included Koen trying on Grandma B.'s snow boots.
Koen had fun with Grandad too!
Grandma B. showed Koen just how fun bubbles can be. He loved them!
We stayed up for the count down on New Years Eve. Since there wasn't television to watch it on, we decided to count down with the computer. We unfortunately missed the opportunity to count the last 10 seconds of 2010 while we were preparing for the moment. After we realized that 2011 had already arrived, we decided to count down anyway. It was kind of funny and I actually enjoyed it that way.
We were pretty tuckered afterwards.
We had such a wonderful time during the holiday season. It was full of fun and unexpected events. We look forward to 2011 and what is to come. We hope that everyone else loved their holiday celebrations as well!

8 comments:
Thanks for sharing. How wonderful you were able to spend it with family. Koen is growing so big!
Didn't something else kinda crazy happen to you guys?
Wow, looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Wyoming. I love the picture of Koen in the snow, so cute! I agree with you that the turkey looks ugly, I saw a pic on your parents blog and it sounds like I would prefer the store bought one more too. =] And I'm not surprised that your dad came from behind to wind monopoly. LOL.
Wow, a very eventful holiday!
Koen's face is SO sad when he got his haircut, glad he recovered quickly.
Sounds like a nice Anniversary celebration.
Tubing sounds fun!
Lots of good pic.s thanks!
I love Koen's cute little sweater towards the end of the post.
Glad you went to WY. It is so fun seeing Mom & Dad love their grandkids and nice they were able to give you a day out to celebrate your anniversary.
Is Koen's hair blond?
looks like you had a GREAT time. store turkeys are soaked in salt to tenderize the meat (brining) after they are killed. You could try that if you ever have fresh turkey again.
Koen is a blonde haired boy. Sometimes you can see some red in it too though.
Yes, something crazy did happen on our trip, but we've decided not to blog about it. :)
Oh, and I like that sweater of his too. It's getting a little small too! :(
Thanks for sharing your life. I didn't realize that you had been married 4 years now. WOW, time flys.
Post a Comment