Koen actually took his first steps a couple of weeks ago and since then, has taken a few here and there. Of course, never when we tried to get him to or when the camera was ready. But today, he's been a walking maniac! Its as if he's suddenly realized he CAN do it and has found new self confidence. He's been walking across rooms and going all over the place. It is so fun to watch him. WAY TO GO KOEN! I'm having a hard time getting my video to upload so hopefully I'll get it later.
Last week I put a tiny bit of Jon's hair glue in Koen's hair to see what we could do, just for fun. He looked pretty funny with these "wings" of hair behind his head.




Unfortunately, on our way down we passed a man who had fallen and needed to be carried out. We took a quick picture beside the truck before we left and before the rescue team got back.

We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon yesterday to enjoy the snow and see what Koen would think. Koen loved it, until Jon let him touch the snow with his hands. He didn't like that at all. (Don't worry, though you can't see it in this photo, we had a blanket around Koen. I think it just fell off his shoulders here.)

4 comments:
Yeah right, we all know you were neglectful and didn't keep that child warm in the snow ;)
Taking after his cousin Abigail and walking early! That's our nephew! :) I think she is going to be pretty happy being able to walk around with him now, rather then trying to hold his hand as he just falls down. :)
Yeah!!! I love when they learn to walk, it makes for less tired arms. :) Congrats little Koen.
You have some beautiful pictures, love the fall colors.
I want to get a hiking backpack/baby carrier thing like yours someday. They are great. But maybe we will wait until we live somewhere with mountains to hike.
What pretty fall pics. Looks like you are having a great time.
CONGRATS to Koen!!
He is such a cute little guy! I need to meet him!
Post a Comment