Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Rat in the House?!


Nope, it's just Koen. He's found interest in eating up our game boxes.


We have been staying busy, mostly with setting up the business, which I'm happy to announce is official! K. Williams Photography is now a licensed and registered business!

Koen is very close to walking. He accidentally took a couple of steps a couple of Sundays ago, and sometimes gets close to taking another. I'm excited for him to start walking and can hardly wait to see his tiny little body waddle across the room. He's doing a great job at standing up without holding onto anything though.

Some time ago, we went to Wheeler's Farm. Koen enjoyed being outside but hardly acknowledged the animals. It'll be more fun next year. It was still neat to go and look around though.

We saw this cow, very ready for milking.
And this duck with a fun hairdo.

This week is Jon's fall break so we've been able to spend a lot of time with him. We went to The Golden Spike Monument yesterday. Unfortunately, we were disappointed when we found out we practically drove all that way to see a 20 min film and an empty railroad track. We were hoping there would at least be a train that we could take a picture next too... but there weren't any trains to be seen. The original golden spike is no longer there either, just a replica. But we sure had fun with what we had!


Koen can say ma-ma now, though not meaning anything, and he doesn't say it often. He much prefers saying da-da. I think he TRIES to say dog... he knows that a little blue puppy of his is "dog" but the 'g' sound never comes out of his mouth.
It's crazy to think that in just a month and a half, Koen is going to be a year old! He's one lucky little boy and is going to get two parties to celebrate. We're heading to Arkansas for Thanksgiving and figure that since we'll just be a couple days away from his birthday, we'll throw a party for him so that Grandma and Grandpa Williams can enjoy it too. And then just a few days later, we'll celebrate again on his birthday here at home. I'm excited to celebrate his first birthday. Koen's milestones get me excited!

As I mentioned earlier, K. Williams Photography is an official business now. (Wouldn't it be nice if that automatically meant business came pouring in?! haha) I have a family photo shoot coming up next week. I'm praying that weather will work out in our favor. The plan is to go up in the mountains and as of today, there is a 60% chance of rain that day, which could mean snow in the mountains. But whatever the weather is, we'll make the best of what we get and I'm sure that I can get some great shots. I've donated a few photo sessions to some charity fundraisers in hope that it helps get my name out. I've been offered a table at a three day christmas sale as well. I'm super excited about the sale and the opportunity I'll have to talk with several people face to face. I don't have to pay for the table space and I'll be the only photographer at the event as well. I feel extremely blessed that I was asked to participate and offered such a chance.

Jon is no longer with FedEx. Unfortunately the late night hours and physical work seemed to take quite a toll on him. And though he slept in each day to try to get enough sleep, he started to fall asleep in his classes. So please pray that while Jon is currently unemployed, photography jobs come through!

Alright, well that is us in a nutshell right now. I'll try not to take so long to update next time. I hope all is well with everyone!

Koen didn't like this hat much.

5 comments:

Park avenue said...

Maybe Koen just really loves animals and felt sadness for one that was on his head.

Try Craigslists job positions for both of you. I can always help you with your food storage in the mean time :)

tash said...

Sounds like things are going well for you.

Justin and Kristin said...

that sounds great that ur official now and have that event to help u out!

jeff and alli said...

Here I always felt bad we missed the golden spike, but not so much now.

Good luck with the business.

Loved the pictures of the animals.

Heidi Bitsch said...

That's awesome that you have an official business now! I hope that the work will start pouring in for you. Koen is getting so big and still just as cute as ever! Tell Jon good luck with the job hunt!