Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crazy Fun

Koen is 11 months old now. In just a matter of weeks, Jon and I are going to be proud parents of a 1 yr old! (WOW!)

Koen is still walking like crazy. He sometimes gets going so fast its almost as if he's trying to run. haha But when that happens, he'll often end up falling forward on his hands. He's SO CLOSE to standing up on his own (if he's not there already.) There's been times when though I haven't seen it, I wonder if he must have stood up by himself. Koen doesn't try to stand up on his own the way most babies I've seen do it though. In stead of using his hands at all, he'll sit up on his knees, put one foot up, and then try to push himself up off the ground with his legs alone. (I'm not sure if that description made sense, but I don't know how else to do it.)

Jon just finished up some more mid-terms in school. He'll finish up this semester next month. We've learned he is a finalist in an internship he's applied for and we're really hoping he gets it. Unfortunately, if he does get it, he would be moving away from Koen and I next summer until the fall semester would begin again. But it would a great opportunity for Jon and our family. He'd be working all of next summer, then go to school for a couple more semesters, and then hopefully (we're told it would be likely) have a set job with the same company he interned for. It would be super wonderful if he had a job immediately after finishing school! We won't know if Jon has been accepted until some time in December. So we'll just wait and see what happens.

We went to the park yesterday to feed the geese. Koen had fun watching these new animals so closely, but he doesn't understand to toss the bread yet. Instead, he'll eat it himself. He had a blast walking around on his own though and enjoying the fresh air.

Jon let a couple of geese grab their bread right out of his hand... it was a tad nerve-wracking.

I don't remember why he was crying, but I thought this was a funny picture.


Koen sure loves his dad!


We also went to a football game today. Utah was playing TCU. The game was packed and tickets were sold out. We expected it to be a really great game, but instead, it was rather embarrassing and horrible! Our beloved Utes did not do well at all. We ended up leaving the game in the 3rd quarter while we still had yet to score a single point. :( The game ended at 47-7... TCU :( Koen did super well though!!! :)



We celebrated Halloween with a "Nerd" party. Koen is just too cool though and decided to dress up as a soccer player instead.
The party was a success and everyone seem to have a ton of fun!

It snowed a couple of weeks ago. Jon was very excited and couldn't wait to share his great joy with his favorite little man. We tried letting Koen walk around in the snow... but he was pretty hesitant. We've had lovely weather since then, though I think snow is in the forecast again very soon.

7 comments:

jeff and alli said...

The picture with you and Koen, I think you are wearing red, you look so beautiful Kristin. Are you growing your hair out?

That is a funny way to try to stand up on his own, I bet great for his leg muscles. :)

I hope Jon is able to find an internship. They are so helpful in the future.

tash said...

Koen looks so happy. Hope everything works our for Jon with school and the internship.

And yes the Utah game was disappointing : (

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

I love the photo of Koen sitting on the sidewalk with the leaves around him.
Love your Nerd costumes, and especially the expression on your face.
We are crossing our fingers for Jon to get this internship.
Mom

Justin and Kristin said...

Love the 1st pic of you and Koen!

Landon and Julie said...

Your baby is 11 months??? He's growing up!

Heidi Bitsch said...

I'm with Allison on the picture of you and Koen with you in the red. Such a great picture! I hope everything goes well with Jon getting the internship, that would be awesome and very helpful.

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

Thanks everyone! As far as am I growing my hair out... I think I am. I've been missing long hair lately so I figure I'll try to grow it out again and see if I can keep it up and if not, or if I get bored, I'll chop it off again! haha